Discount Divorce & Bankruptcy, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I took my husband's name when I married, but now we're getting divorced and I'd like to return to my former name. How do I do that?

Go down

I took my husband's name when I married, but now we're getting divorced and I'd like to return to my former name. How do I do that? Empty I took my husband's name when I married, but now we're getting divorced and I'd like to return to my former name. How do I do that?

Post  Admin Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 am

I took my husband's name when I married, but now we're getting divorced and I'd like to return to my former name. How do I do that?

In most states, you can request that the judge handling your divorce make a formal order restoring your former or birth name. If your divorce decree contains such an order, that's all the paperwork you'll need. You'll want to get certified copies of the order as proof of the name change -- check with the court clerk for details. Once you have this official documentation, you can use it to have your name changed on your identification and personal records.

If your divorce does not contain a legal name change clause contact us and we can help you file a legal name change with the court.

Admin
Admin

https://discountdivorce.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down