Discount Divorce & Bankruptcy, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Will Happen to My Credit Score?

Go down

What Will Happen to My Credit Score? Empty What Will Happen to My Credit Score?

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 am

A Chapter 7 bankruptcy case will be reported by credit reporting agencies for ten years. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy case will be reported by credit reporting agencies for seven years. Creditors are sometimes willing to approve credit after bankruptcy because they know that a financial burden has been lifted and that you may now be able to make regular payments on any new debt. Also, they know that if you filed a Chapter 7 proceeding, you will not be able to declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy again for eight more years, so in some ways you are a better credit risk after filing bankruptcy. If you have completed a Chapter 13 plan, then you have demonstrated that you can handle regular payments on your debt obligations. Keep in mind that credit is a privilege, not a right, and some creditors will require an extended period of time after bankruptcy before extending further credit. This is certainly one reason to be cautious about filing bankruptcy.

Admin
Admin

https://discountdivorce.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down