Can I change custody and/or visitation?

Go down

Can I change custody and/or visitation? Empty Can I change custody and/or visitation?

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm

A parent can request that custody or parenting time be modified. Sometimes a parent wishes a complete change in custody. Sometimes a parent just wants more parenting time with the children. You must wait one year after the last Court order to change custody unless the children are or may be endangered physically or mentally. This one year requirement does not generally apply to changes in “parenting time“.

Sometimes a change in parenting time or custody is warranted because the children want to live primarily with the other parent. Sometimes such change is warranted because of the children’s ages and changed needs. Sometimes parenting time needs to be changed because one of the parents has moved away.


Posts : 139
Join date : 2009-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum